It is 17 years since the first of the Theology on the Web sites, biblicalstudies.org.uk went on-line.
Here is a quick summary of what has been achieved just in the last year across the seven websites.
- 1.8 million visitors, that’s just over 5,000 each day
- More than 35,000 theological articles and books are now available for free download
- Material from almost 100 theological journals is available, from table of contents to complete text of every article
- 5.8 Terabytes of this material have been downloaded
- China and India are both in the top five countries for visitor numbers
- All sites now included in the e-Granary Project, which sends their entire contents on disk into Universities with little or no Internet access around the world
- Open Access Commentary Survey Project launched
- 7 regular financial supporters – two up on last year
A big “Thank You” to all who have helped to make this possible.