The remains of an eighth or ninth Century manuscript of the Gospel of Peter were rediscovered in Egypt in 1886. That would make this book, written in 1893, one of the earliest analyses of the text.
My thanks to Book Aid for making this public domain title available for digitisation.
James Rendell Harris [1853-1941], The Newly Recovered Gospel of St. Peter. London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1893. Hbk. pp.97. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
Table of Contents
- Of Modern Biblical and Patristic Discoveries
- Of the Newly-Discovered Documents from Akhmim
- The Docetic Gospel of Peter
- The Extant Text of the New Gospel
- On the Sources of the New Gospel
- Some Canonical Parallels to the Gospel of Peter
- Concluding Remarks