Editors: Dave Johnson (D.Miss.) and Rick Wadholm Jr. (Ph.D.)
A joint project between the APTS Press and The World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education
Purpose and Philosophy
To reflect on current trends and needs in Pentecostal Theological Education in the Majority World. This could be used as a textbook for training theological educators.
The current plan calls for a two volume work, the first dealing with the graduate level and the second the undergraduate and Bible Institute level. Articles should be approximately 20 pages each in length. A call for proposals for the second volume will be issued at a later date.
English-speaking Majority World educational leaders, theologians and pastors.
Multi-author—Priority to Majority World Pentecostal Scholars and others with long experience in theological education in the Majority World.
Digital—E-book and print-on-demand worldwide
Abstract deadline December 1, 2018; submission deadline: July 1, 2019. Articles are subject to peer review.
Potential topics: (any topic related to the overall theme is welcome for consideration)
- The role of a theological institution in relationship to churches and communities.
- Integration of theological education and ministries of social concern.
- Balancing academics and practical ministry foci.
- Training non-western missionaries in our theological institutions.
- Leadership development models.
- Developing Pentecostal theological educators.
- The role of the Holy Spirit in theological education.
- Resourcing a Majority World seminary.
- Integrating Majority World supernatural worldviews into Western-oriented theological curricula.
- The role of the theologian in the Majority World today.
- An evaluation of Western theological concepts and curricula in the Majority World and a call for change.
- A brief overview of the growth and development of Pentecostal theological education in the Majority World (specific contexts).
- Building, maintaining and resourcing a research culture at our theological institutions.