I uploaded most of this book about 10 years ago in HTML. Technology has moved on since then, so I have re-scanned the material again to PDF and provided an option to download the entire volume as one file.
This books appears by kind permission of James Montgomery Boice’s widow.
James Montgiomery Boice, ed., The Foundation of Biblical Authority. London & Glasgow: Pickering & Inglis, 1979. Pbk. ISBN: 072080437X. pp.172. [Click here to visit the download page]
Table of Contents
Foreword: God Gives His People a Second Opportunity – Francis A. Schaeffer
1. The Church’s Doctrine of Biblical Inspiration – John H. Gerstner
2. Encountering Present-Day Views of Scripture – James I. Packer
3. The Witness of the Bible to its Own Inerrancy – Gleason A. Archer
4. Sola Scriptura: Crucial to Evangelicalism – R.C. Sproul
5. The Preacher and God’s Word – James Montgomery Boice
6. Evangelicals and the Doctrine of Inerrancy – Kenneth S. Kantzer
Preface: The International Council on Inerrancy
This volume is the first scholarly production of a new organization of pastors, professors, and Christian laymen: The International Council on Biblical Inerrancy. Founded in 1977, after a year of careful conversations and planning, the ICBI has as its purpose the defense and application of the doctrine of biblical inerrancy as an essential element for the authority of Scripture and a necessity for the health of the church. It was created to counter the drift from this important doctrinal foundation by significant segments of evangelicalism and the outright denial of it by other church movements. At one of its early meetings, the Council adopted the following statement as an expression of its purpose. [Continue reading]