Today’s free book is a historical study of the interpretation of Jesus’ teaching on the Kingdom of God by Archibald Robertson. Roberton was Principal of King’s College, London. My thanks to Book Aid for making a copy of this public domain title available for digitisation.
Archibald Robertson [1853-1931], Regnum Dei. Eight Lectures on the Kingdom of God in the History of Christian Thought. The Bampton Lectures for 1901. London: Methuen & Co., 1901. Hbk. pp.401. [Click here to visit he download page for this title]
Table of Contents
- Extract from the Last Will and Testament of the late John Bampton, Canon of Salisbury
- Introductory. The Kingdom of God in the Old Testament
- The Kingdom of God (I.) in the Generation before Christ; (II.) in the Epistles of St. Paul; (III.) in the Synoptic Gospels
- The Kingdom of God in (a) the Synoptic Gospels (concluded), in (b) the Fourth Gospel, and (c) the Remainder of the New Testament
- The Kingdom of God in First Four Christian Centuries
- The Kingdom of God in Augustine
- The Kingdom oof God in the Medieval Theocracy
- The Kingdom of God in the Divergence of Modern Ideals
- The Kingdom of God in Modern Thought, Work and Life
For more free material on the Kingdom of God, go here.
Main image: God the Father on his throne, Westphalia, Germany, late 15th century. Source: Wikipedia