Skip to content
Provides extensive bibliographies and thousands of downloadable articles and books.
A resource for studying church history up until the rise of the Papacy.
A resource for studying church history from the rise of the Papacy to the dawn of the Reformation.
A resource for studying church history during the time of the European Reformation.
Extensive bibliographical site. Some material can be downloaded.
Extensive bibliographical site providing resources for those studying Christian Missions.
This text is like having a personal research assistant on any given passage. It includes links to scholarly articles on the passage as well as artwork and even movie clips to illustrate a given passage’s point. This resource is from an Anglican perspective and includes how non-evangelicals think of Bible passages.
- 1,000 Years of Gospel InterpretationHow did people interpret the Gospels for the first 1,000 years of Christianity? Read Thomas’s, Catena Aurea (“The Golden Chain”), at this site indexed to each Gospel passage. A similar site is e-Catena a collection by passage of commentaries from the Church Fathers.
- Search 10,000 Books in 5 Seconds
This feature searches the entire CCEL website of Bible related material. Type in the words and ideas you are looking for using “AND”, “OR” or “NOT” and have this site sift through thousands of religious texts where your words occur in close proximity. Here also is a site for more Church Fathers beyond those in the 38 Volume T. & T. Clarke set. Here is a resource to find any out-of-copyright book on the web: The Online Books Page.
- Jewish Interpretation and the Bible
This site is from a Puritan commentator, John Lightfoot whose Commentary on the New Testament (Matthew-Acts) has special reference to how Rabbinic teaching may relate to the Bible..
- Access to Jewish Biblical Interpretation (Primary Documents in English)
This is a site hosting the Mishnah, Talmud and other Jewish documents in English translation.
- Desiring God Ministries.
This is John Piper’s website.
- Bible Arc
A free Greek aid from John Piper.
- Sonic Light
This site includes verse by verse interpretation of the whole Bible.
This is Biola’s Biblical Studies website.
- Great Scholarly Methodist Commentary on all of Scripture
This is the site for the Bible commentary of Adam Clarke (1760-1832) a Methodist polymath. Clarke is particularly good with ancient historical references.
- Great Scholarly Presbyterian Commentary on all of Scripture
This is the site for the Bible commentary of Albert Barnes a scholarly Presbyterian Minister. Other Presbyterian sites include the following:
Collection of modern Reformed teachers.
- 3rd Millennium Ministries
This site belongs to Richard Pratt, Th.D. (Harvard) and RTS Professor of Old Testament offers free video resources.
Covenant Seminary, the national seminary of the PCA, offers these classes.
- Westminster Theological Seminary
(Electronic Studies Resource Page). This is a collection of Internet resources. It includes Biblical Studies as well as Reformed Theology links.
- Matthew Poole’s Annotations Upon the Holy Bible, Genesis to Isaiah | Jeremiah to Revelation
- Google Scholar
- This is the place to start in scholarly resource. It will give you a good place to start.
Theological Research Exchange Network, access to current papers from ETS and MA theses.
- Princeton Theological Seminary Library Digital Collections
- The Boyce Digital Library
- The Vatican Library – Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- The National Library of France (The Bibliothèque nationale de France)
- The British Library
- SOLO – Search Oxford Libraries Online
- The Cambridge University Library
- Cambridge Digital Library
- Yale University Library Digital Collections
- Munich DigitiZation Center (MDZ) of the Bavarian State Library
- The New York Public Library Digital Collection
- The Boston Public Library Online Resources
- Catalog of St Stephens’s Library of L’École Biblique et Archéologique Française
- BILDI: Documentation for Biblical Literature Innsbruck
- Student Supplement to the SBL Handbook of Style , 2nd ed.
- Cambridge Digital Library
- Electronic Open Stacks of the University of Chicago
- RAMBI: The Index of Articles on Jewish Studies
- Index Theologicus
- MALMAD: The Inter-University Center for Digital Information Services
- Israel Library Network Sites
- Free Theological Journals on the Web
- Alphabetical List of Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies
- Free Scholarly Research Links
- Electronic Journals for Religion
- African Journal Archive
- SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online)
- HathiTrust Digital Library
- Internet Archive
- Google Books (Advanced Search)
- Dallas Theological Seminary Turpin Library Rare Book Archive
- New Testament Gateway
- Old Testament Gateway
- Open Access Journals in Ancient Studies
- Biblical Studies on the WEB