Scripture Verse. No. 2.
1. It contains a command of God.
2. The command was given to one mentioned by our Lord with “the prophets”; the scribes and Pharisees were said to sit in his seat. and Stephen was accused of speaking “blasphemous words” against him.
3. The command is strange, and seems a dangerous one to obey.
4. It alludes to a living creature which had a very short existence.
5. One particular part of the creature is mentioned.
6. The command is obeyed, and the danger disappears.
7. The command had been preceded by a question and a. miracle, and the obedience is followed by three other miracles and a promise; yet complaint, not faith, is the result.
8. The first six words are very often repeated in the same book, and frequently stand at the head of chapters.
9. It contains mention of a common possession, which afterwards became a sign of great power associated with the name of God.
10. It contains thirty-three words, and is in the early part of a chapter of more than thirty verses.
Answer tomorrow in the comments.